Health Week - Challenging Ourselves!
Monday 19th-22nd May 2014
With our focus on 'Healthy Living' . Fun activities were planned, particularly with exercise, food and ROAD SAFETY in mind.
We invited the children to:
Walk, cycle or scoot to school each day.
During the week each class cooked/prepared some food to eat. They also learnt some key lessons about road safety.
Here are some of the activities we planned:
- EVERY DAY 5-a-day challenge. The children recorded how many portions of fruit and vegetables they ate per day.
- Skipping Challenges for all classes
- French Cafe for Woodpeckers
- Wake & Shake for parents
- Balanceability for Pre school, Owls & Buzzards - fun cycling without pedals session with sports’ staff from King Alfred's Sports Centre.
- Canine Partners- a dog assistance charity brought Vienna, the black Labrador into school and shared her skills in helping people with the whole school.
- Sports Day on the school field.
- Bouncy Castle Challenge Day. Each class put their bouncing skills to the test. There were some surprising challenges!
A fun-packed week, keeping fit and healthy.